Employer of Choice
What is the Employer of Choice?
The LeadingAge Ohio Employer of Choice initiative:
- Establishes the operational standards for strengthening workforce practices among aging services employers
- Creates criteria/thresholds by which to evaluate the standards
- Provides a public recognition of this excellence so that residents, clients/customers, prospective employees, payors and other stakeholders can be aware.
Through this instrument, LeadingAge Ohio members demonstrate that they strive not just to be residences/providers of choice, but they seek to be employers of choice as well. They acknowledge the importance of treating their employees – those that serve their residents/clients – with the same care they wish these employees to provide.
Requirements for Eligibility and Criteria
Before beginning the application process, please note there are several minimum requirements an Employer of Choice must meet:
- In order to apply for this designation, if a nursing facility or home health organization, the facility must be a 3-Star or above (as of the most recent published rating)[see page 4 of application for additional information]; and
- For newly opened communities, an occupancy rate of 80% or better for at least one year as of the date of application; and
- If an organization has less than the appropriate benchmark median number of Days Cash on Hand or Current Ratio, additional supporting materials will be requested in order to validate financial viability [see page 6 of application for additional information]. Additional supporting materials should be submitted in advance of completion of the application.
The Employer of Choice designation is applicable to individual communities/locations, that is, it is not applicable to a multi-site. Note, however, that exceptions to this requirement may be granted on a case-by-case basis to multi-site organizations that centralize their human resource functions.
Application Process and Due Date
The application materials required for submission for the 2018-1019 program are now available. All organizations considering applying are encouraged to review the template materials in advance of the application deadline.
The 2018 Application Process:
June 1, 2018: Applications due
August 2018: Applying organization will be notified of its award
August 29, 2018: Employer of Choice designees will be recognized at the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Trade Show
**NOTE: Designation will be granted for the remainder of the current calendar year and through the next (that is, a designation granted in September, 2018 will expire in December, 2019).
If you have questions regarding the program, please contact Kathryn Brod at 614-545-9014 or email email@example.com
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017-2018
EMPLOYER OF CHOICE RECIPIENTS!
We are pleased to recognize the following 2017-2018 LeadingAge Ohio Employers of Choice winners!
• Ohio Living Dorothy Love (Sidney)
• Otterbein Portage Valley Senior Lifestyle Community (Pemberville)
• Otterbein St. Marys Senior Lifestyle Community (St. Marys)
• Community Hospice (New Philadelphia)
• Genacross Lutheran Services - Toledo Campus (Toledo)
• Green Hills Community and Universal Home Health & Hospice (West Liberty)
• Hospice of Guernsey (Cambridge)
• Hospice of Morrow County, Inc. (Mount Gilead)
• Kendal at Oberlin (Oberlin)
• National Church Residences Bristol Village (Waverly)
• National Church Residences Home and Community Services Central Hospice (Columbus)
• National Church Residences Home and Community Services Southern Home Health
• National Church Residences Home and Community Services Southern Hospice (Waverly)
• Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber (Columbus)
• Ohio Living Swan Creek (Toledo)
• Ohio Living Mount Pleasant (Monroe)
• Ohio Living Lake Vista (Cortland)
• Otterbein Cridersville Senior Lifestyle Community (Cridersville)
• Otterbein North Shore Senior Lifestyle Community (Lakeside-Marblehead)
• Ohio Living Vineyard on Catawba (Port Clinton)
• Otterbein Maineville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Maineville)
• Otterbein Middletown Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Middletown)
• Otterbein Monclova Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Monclova)
• Otterbein Perrysburg Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Perrysburg)
• Otterbein Springboro Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Springboro)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Columbus (Columbus)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Cleveland (Willoughby)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Toledo (Toledo)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Youngstown (Canfield)
• The Christian Village at Mason (Mason)
• The Christian Village at Mt. Healthy (Cincinnati)
• Valley Hospice (Rayland)
• Willow Brook Christian Communities (Delaware)
Questions about the application process should be directed to Kathryn Brod, President/CEO of LeadingAge Ohio; firstname.lastname@example.org; 614-545-9014.