Employer of Choice
What is the Employer of Choice?
The LeadingAge Ohio Employer of Choice initiative:
Establishes the operational standards for strengthening workforce practices among aging services employers;
Creates criteria/thresholds by which to evaluate the standards;
Provides a public recognition of this excellence so that residents, clients/customers, prospective employees, payors and other stakeholders can be aware
Through this instrument, LeadingAge Ohio members demonstrate that they strive not just to be residences/providers of choice, but they seek to be employers of choice as well. They acknowledge the importance of treating their employees – those that serve their residents/clients – with the same care they wish these employees to provide.
Requirements for Eligibility and Criteria
Before beginning the application process, please note there are several minimum requirements an Employer of Choice must meet:
- In order to apply for this designation, if a nursing facility or home health organization, the facility must be a 3-Star or above (as of the most recent published rating)[see page 4 of application for additional information]; and
- For newly opened communities, an occupancy rate of 80% or better for at least one year as of the date of application; and
- If an organization has less than the appropriate benchmark median number of Days Cash on Hand or Current Ratio, additional supporting materials will be requested in order to validate financial viability [see page 6 of application for additional information]. Additional supporting materials should be submitted in advance of completion of the application.
The Employer of Choice designation is applicable to individual communities/locations, that is, it is not applicable to a multi-site. Note, however, that exceptions to this requirement may be granted on a case-by-case basis to multi-site organizations that centralize their human resource functions.
Sample application available under the Application Process and Due date section.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2018-2019
EMPLOYER OF CHOICE RECIPIENTS!
We are pleased to recognize the following 2018-2019 LeadingAge Ohio Employers of Choice winners!
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice - Greater Toledo (Toledo)
• Otterbein Springboro SeniorLife Skilled Nursing Neighborhood (Springboro)
• Valley Hospice (Rayland)
• Graceworks Lutheran Services - Bethany Village (Dayton)
• Kendal at Oberlin (Oberlin)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice - Greater Youngstown (Canfield)
• Otterbein Cridersville SeniorLife Community (Cridersville)
• Otterbein St. Marys SeniorLife Community (St. Marys)
• The Christian Village at Mason (Mason)
• The Christian Village at Mt. Healthy (Cincinnati)
• Genacross Lutheran Services - Napoleon Campus (Napoleon)
• Green Hills Community and Universal Home Health & Hospice (West Liberty)
• National Church Residences Bristol Healthcare (Waverly)
• National Church Residences Chillicothe (Chillicothe)
• Ohio Living Dorothy Love (Sidney)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice - Greater Akron (Fairlawn)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice - Greater Cleveland (Willoughby)
• Ohio Living Lake Vista (Cortland)
• Ohio Living Mount Pleasant (Monroe)
• Ohio Living Swan Creek (Toledo)
• Ohio Living Vineyard on Catawba (Port Clinton)
• Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber (Columbus)
• Otterbein Maineville SeniorLife Skilled Nursing Neighborhood (Mainville)
• Otterbein Marblehead SeniorLife Skilled Nursing Neighborhood (Marblehead)
• Otterbein Middletown SeniorLife Skilled Nursing Neighborhood (Middletown)
• Otterbein Monclova Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Monclova)
• Otterbein Pemberville SeniorLife Community (Pemberville)
• Otterbein Perrysburg SeniorLife Skilled Nursing Neighborhood (Perrysburg)
• Otterbein Union Township SeniorLife Community (Batavia)
• Trinity Community, a member of United Church Homes (Beavercreek)
• Volunteers of America - Autumnwood Care Center (Tiffin)
• Volunteers of America - Tiffin Rehabilitation Center (Tiffin)
Application Process and Due Date
The application materials required for submission for the 2019-2020 program will be available in early Spring 2019. All organizations considering applying are encouraged to review the template materials in advance of the application deadline.
2018 Employer of Choice (Sample application for reference only)
If you have questions regarding the program, please contact Kathryn Brod at 614-545-9014 or email email@example.com
Best Practice Findings
Questions about the application process should be directed to Kathryn Brod, President/CEO of LeadingAge Ohio; firstname.lastname@example.org; 614-545-9014.