Resident Art & Writing Program
"Every human is an artist.
And this is the main art that we have:
the creation of our story."
Don Miguel Ruiz
Organize your residents to participate in the 2020 LeadingAge Ohio annual Art & Writing Program! Five District Shows will be held across the state this Spring, with all winning entries progressing to the State Show during the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference, August 25 - 27, 2020 in Columbus. Entry is free to all our member residents and clients.
NOW is the time to encourage your artists and authors to prepare an entry (or two or three!) for the 2020 Program. Fuel enthusiasm so it can spread and involve everyone! Both novice and experienced writers and artists may submit entries. Two or more persons may work together on a project and enter one of our cooperative categories.
General Program Information
All Residents of LeadingAge Ohio member facilities are invited to participate! Award winners from each District Exhibition will show their work at our Statewide Show to be held in conjunction with the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Resident Celebration Day at the Hilton Columbus at Easton, August 25-27, 2020.
2019 Statewide Art & Writing Show Highlights
Below are some highlights from the 2019 LeadingAge Ohio Statewide Art & Writing Show. Thank you to all of our participants!
2019 Statewide Writing Winners
Below are the First, Second, Third Place, and Honorable Mention Winners from the 2019 LeadingAge Ohio Statewide Art & Writing Show. To read the winning entry click on the title. Thank you to all of our participants!
First Place: "An Adventure with Grandma" by Kirby/Morris Writers of Marjorie P. Lee Retirement Community
Second Place: "Flowers" by Woodview Writers from Bethany Village
Third Place: "What Easter Means to Me" by Lutheran Home Creative Writing Group from Lutheran Home at Concord Reserve
First Place: "Oh I Will Tell You Never" by Trevalynne Williams of Copeland Oaks
Second Place: "Where I Am From" by Margaret Fissinger of Laurel Lake Retirement Community
Third Place: "Things Known" by Karen Heaster of Twin Towers Senior Living Community
Honorable Mention: "Apron Lore" by Ruth Naylor of Maple Crest of Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio
First Place: "What Counts" by Marilyn Schroeder of Willow Brook at Delaware Run
Second Place: "Wet Behind the Ears" by Karen Heaster of Twin Towers Senior Living Community
Third Place: "Canal Park" by Don Parker of Kendal at Oberlin
First Place: "Scars" by John B. Tonkin of Otterbein Senior Life Lebanon
Second Place: "My Early Life of Crime and Other Stories" by Linda Stapleton of Green Hills Community
Third Place: "First Impression" by Alicia Nordan of Laurel Lake Retirement Community
Honorable Mention: "G.P.S. - 70's Style" by George Alexander of Willow Brook at Delaware Run
Regional Show Information/Details
District Show information coming soon!
To learn more about the LeadingAge Ohio Art & Writing program, contact:
LeadingAge Ohio Statewide Coordinator
LeadingAge Ohio Art & Writing Contact
Recognition & Awards
Kathryn Brod, MBA
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
Director of Strategic Communications
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries
Jennifer Taylor, BA, CGS
Director of Member Experience
- Manages provider member recruitment and retention strategies
- Database management
- Responsible for website content/access
- Provider Membership staff liaison
- Staff liaison to Awards and Membership committees