- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
Director of Communications & Membership
- Manages public relations and the overall image of the Association and its members
- Edits and oversees association publications
- Responsible for Association communications and website
- Provider Membership staff liaison
- Staff liaison to Communications/PR, Awards and Membership committees
Recognition & Awards
LeadingAge Ohio is proud to celebrate the difference our members and residents make in communities across Ohio. Various programs are offered through LeadingAge Ohio to shine a light on the impact this difference brings. From our Annual Awards program highlighting accomplishments of member staff and programs, to honoring shining STARS within our members of front line staff who make a difference every day as well as sharing the talents of our residents/patients through our Art & Writing program, LeadingAge Ohio wants to offer this opportunity to share your gifts with the world.
Click on each of the tabs below to learn more.
LeadingAge Ohio Awards Program
LeadingAge Ohio proudly honors outstanding members each year in a number of categories, recognizing organizational excellence and individual leadership across our membership. LeadingAge Ohio members are encouraged to nominate individuals, programs or groups in each awards category, which are presented at the annual conference.
Submitting a Nomination
Nominations for the 2017 Award program are NOW CLOSED. Each year nominations are made in the categories listed below. Please click on the category name below to determine award criteria.
- Social Commitment
- Excellence in Communications and/or Media
- Excellence in Fundraising
- Outstanding Executive
- Board Member of Distinction
- Visionary Leadership Award of Honor
- Excellence in Service (Best Practices)
- Excellence in Volunteer Service
- Heart of Hospice- Rose & Sam Stein Award
- Excellence in Caring
Awards Selection Process
The Awards Committee will review nominations and make selections for awards, notifying nominees of decisions in earlyJune. The committee reserves the right to move nominations to different categories to consider them where they best fit.
Award winners will be notified in early June and this important recognition will take place at LeadingAge Ohio’s annual meeting this September in Columbus. To celebrate this achievement, those programs/individuals that have been selected will be asked to create a 60 to 90 second video sharing your thoughts and congratulations around receiving this honor. This process was implemented as part of the 2016 annual conference to rave reviews and we are excited to continue it.
Awards Program Questions
If you have questions regarding the Awards Program, please contact:
|LeadingAge Ohio Awards Committee Chair
Ohio Eastern Star Home Community
LeadingAge Ohio Contact
2017 Stars Awards
The Stars program annually recognizes those special staff members with a much-deserved day of honor and celebration. Who are the unsung heroes among your staff who work behind the scenes to meet the daily needs of residents, clients, and program participants? LeadingAge Ohio encourages you to look beyond the clean hallways, nourishing meals, laundry areas of your organization and identify the employees and front-line hands-on caregivers who diligently work to provide selfless gifts to those we serve.
Each event includes unique touches to make the day special for our Stars including:
- A gourmet lunch
- “Selfie” Station to take fun pictures
- Commemorative lapel pins
- Award certificates
- Copies of the heartfelt nominations for each Star
- Fun momentos
STARS District Map and Celebration Event Information
Each event will be from 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm with registration starting at 12:15 pm.
Dates & Locations:
April 5, 2017: Central/Southeast - Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber; Columbus, OH
April 12, 2017: Northeast - The Renaissance; Olmsted Township, OH
April 25, 2017: South/Southwest - Twin Towers/Gulden Community Center; Cincinnati, OH
May 2, 2017: Northwest - Genacross Lutheran Services; Toledo, OH
May 10, 2017: Mideast/East - Ohio Living Rockynol Retirement Community; Akron, OH
How to Nominate a STAR
We want your entire community to be able nominate a special staff STAR. To allow that to happen, there are two options available to help nominate that special shining STAR.
**NOTE: Please make certain that the Human Resources Director within your organization is aware of the STAR nomination prior to submission.
STEP 1: Nominate Your Staff STARS
(Download the paper form, complete the nomination and submit to the HR Director)
Final nominations must be made using the online link below. Submit nomination(s) two (2) weeks prior to event. Limit of six (6) Stars per organization.
Celebration Event Registration Information
STEP 2: Two Easy Ways to Register for the STARS events.
Option #1: Download the flyer for your district below and mail registration form with payment to:
2233 North Bank Drive
Columbus, OH 43220
Option #2: Online registration available below. Please click on the
April 5, 2017: Central/Southeast
April 12, 2017: Northeast
April 25, 2017: South/Southwest
May 2, 2017: Northwest
May 10, 2017: Mideast/East
Resident Art and Writing Program
"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls."
Organize your residents to participate in the 2017 LeadingAge Ohio annual Art and Writing Program! Five District Shows will be held across the state in May and June, with all winning entries progressing to the State Show during the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference, September 14 & 15, 2017 in Columbus. Entry is free to all our member residents and clients.
NOW is the time to encourage your artists and authors to prepare an entry (or two or three!) for the 2017 Program. Fuel enthusiasm so it can spread and involve everyone! Both novice and experienced writers and artists may submit entries. Two or more persons may work together on a project and enter one of our cooperative categories.
General Program Information
All Residents of LeadingAge Ohio member facilities are invited to participate! Award winners from each District Exhibition will show their work at our Statewide Show to be held in conjunction with the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Resident Celebration Day at the Hilton Columbus at Easton, September 14-15, 2017.
- 2017 Art & Writing Program General Information
- 2017 Art & Writing District Show Information
- 2017 Art & Writing District Show Timelines
Regional Show Information/Details
Each regional show flyer is highlighted below listing event dates, times, location and district coordinator contact information should you have any additional questions about the show. Click the link below in your area to find out all the details and unleash the creative arts in your community!
- Central/Southeast Show Informational Flyer
- South/Southwest Show Informational Flyer
- Northwest Show Informational Flyer
- Northeast Show Informational Flyer
- East/Mideast Show Informational Flyer
Each piece must be entered online to be included in the Regional Show. Only ONE entry per form and ONE entry per category.
Printable pdf version 2017 Art & Writing Resident Entry Form
Use the printable pdf version to allow residents to complete
Online Entry Form
***Deadline for Entries has passed.***
To learn more about the LeadingAge Ohio Art & Writing program, contact:
|Art & Writing Program Chair
Director of Resident Life & Activities
Willow Brook Christian Communities
|LeadingAge Ohio Art & Writing Contact
What is the LeadingAge Ohio Resident Celebration?
The LeadingAge Ohio Resident Celebration is affiliated with LeadingAge Ohio. Participants are residents and clients of LeadingAge Ohio member organizations and are encouraged to become involved in: the annual LeadingAge Ohio Resident Celebration/Art and Writing Exhibition, the STARS employee recognition program, legislative and regulatory advocacy, consumer education to assure protection for all seniors, and sufficient governmental funding for all levels of care.
2017 Resident Celebration Information Available Mid-Summer 2017
Employer of Choice
What is the Employer of Choice?
The LeadingAge Ohio Employer of Choice initiative:
- Establishes the operational standards for strengthening workforce practices among aging services employers
- Creates criteria/thresholds by which to evaluate the standards
- Provides a public recognition of this excellence so that residents, clients/customers, prospective employees, payors and other stakeholders can be aware.
Through this instrument, LeadingAge Ohio members demonstrate that they strive not just to be residences/providers of choice, but they seek to be employers of choice as well. They acknowledge the importance of treating their employees – those that serve their residents/clients – with the same care they wish these employees to provide.
Requirements for Eligibility and Criteria
Before beginning the application process, please note there are several minimum requirements an Employer of Choice must meet:
- In order to apply for this designation, if a nursing facility or home health organization, the facility must be a 3-Star or above (as of the most recent published rating)[see page 4 of application for additional information]; and
- For newly opened communities, an occupancy rate of 80% or better for at least one year as of the date of application; and
- If an organization has less than the appropriate benchmark median number of Days Cash on Hand or Current Ratio, additional supporting materials will be requested in order to validate financial viability [see page 6 of application for additional information]. Additional supporting materials should be submitted in advance of completion of the application.
The Employer of Choice designation is applicable to individual communities/locations, that is, it is not applicable to a multi-site. Note, however, that exceptions to this requirement may be granted on a case-by-case basis to multi-site organizations that centralize their human resource functions.
Application Process and Due Date
The application materials required for submission for the 2018-1019 program will be available on the LeadingAge Ohio website by November 1, 2017. All organizations considering applying are encouraged to review the template materials in advance of the application deadline.
The 2018 Application Process:
June 1, 2018: Applications due
August 2018: Applying organization will be notified of its award
August 29, 2018: Employer of Choice designees will be recognized at the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Trade Show
**NOTE: Designation will be granted for the remainder of the current calendar year and through the next (that is, a designation granted in September, 2018 will expire in December, 2019).
If you have questions regarding the program, please contact Kathryn Brod at 614-545-9014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017-2018
EMPLOYER OF CHOICE RECIPIENTS!
We are pleased to recognize the following 2017-2018 LeadingAge Ohio Employers of Choice winners!
• Ohio Living Dorothy Love (Sidney)
• Otterbein Portage Valley Senior Lifestyle Community (Pemberville)
• Otterbein St. Marys Senior Lifestyle Community (St. Marys)
• Community Hospice (New Philadelphia)
• Genacross Lutheran Services - Toledo Campus (Toledo)
• Green Hills Community and Universal Home Health & Hospice (West Liberty)
• Hospice of Guernsey (Cambridge)
• Hospice of Morrow County, Inc. (Mount Gilead)
• Kendal at Oberlin (Oberlin)
• National Church Residences Bristol Village (Waverly)
• National Church Residences Home and Community Services Central Hospice (Columbus)
• National Church Residences Home and Community Services Southern Home Health
• National Church Residences Home and Community Services Southern Hospice (Waverly)
• Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber (Columbus)
• Ohio Living Swan Creek (Toledo)
• Ohio Living Mount Pleasant (Monroe)
• Ohio Living Lake Vista (Cortland)
• Otterbein Cridersville Senior Lifestyle Community (Cridersville)
• Otterbein North Shore Senior Lifestyle Community (Lakeside-Marblehead)
• Ohio Living Vineyard on Catawba (Port Clinton)
• Otterbein Maineville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Maineville)
• Otterbein Middletown Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Middletown)
• Otterbein Monclova Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Monclova)
• Otterbein Perrysburg Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Perrysburg)
• Otterbein Springboro Skilled Nursing & Rehab Neighborhood (Springboro)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Columbus (Columbus)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Cleveland (Willoughby)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Toledo (Toledo)
• Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice Greater Youngstown (Canfield)
• The Christian Village at Mason (Mason)
• The Christian Village at Mt. Healthy (Cincinnati)
• Valley Hospice (Rayland)
• Willow Brook Christian Communities (Delaware)
Questions about the application process should be directed to Kathryn Brod, President/CEO of LeadingAge Ohio; email@example.com; 614-545-9014.