The Older American’s Act Reauthorization Will Support Older Adults Across The Country
The Older Americans Act (OAA) funds critical programs and activities that help people remain in their home and communities for as long as possible. These services include nutritional programs, community service employment, in-home supportive services, elder abuse prevention, transportation, family caregiver support and more.
Right now Congress is considering OAA reauthorization legislation and LeadingAge is requesting the assistance of members. Add your voice to support these key programs and send a message to your members of Congress today!
OAA-supported programs have a direct benefit to older adults in every community. Some of the programs and services they fund include:
- Home and Community-Based Supportive Services
- Home-Delivered Nutrition Services, Like Meals On Wheels
- Investments in Direct Care Workforce Demonstration Projects
- Preventive Health Services and Falls Prevention Programs
- Programs To Combat Social Isolation
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Programs
- National Family Caregiver Support Program